The South Coast Plaza project consisted of:
- Complete remodel of the common areas of the original 1967 mall portion of approximately 200,000 sq. ft., including new planters, travertine floors and expansion joints; rebuilt/reclad fountains and carousel; and new concierge desks and automatic sliding glass doors at nine entrances
- New glass elevator at Jewel Court.
- New transition into Bloomingdales.
- New handrails and Bridge of Gardens (entrance).
- Oversaw design and permitting processes; selected and oversaw contractor; coordinated elevator sub-contractor with general contractor; coordinated construction with store tenants and owner maintenance crews; and responsible for entire effort.
- All work was done from 10 pm to 6 am, allowing the mall to reopen every day. All stone was imported from Italy.
Owner & Contact Information:
Project/Construction Management Team:
Beezley Management/Bentley Management Group
Beezley Project Representative/Role:
Jonathan Levy, Owner’s Representative
David Bentley, Owner’s Representative
2005 – 2006