The LA West College Science and Math Building project consisted of:
- Five-level, 85,000 sq. ft. Science building
- Two-level, 14,000 sq. ft. Math building
- The Math & Science Building will serve as the college’s new instructional laboratory and classroom building.
- Located at one of the highest points on the west side of the city, the facility offers a spectacular view of the west Los Angeles basin.
- The project is registered with the U.S. Green Building Council, a LEED Silver certification.
- The mechanical system is engineered to obtain 15 percent of its energy through photovoltaic panels adjacent to the structure.
- Additional sustainable elements include casework developed from wheat-board core material, recycled-content phenolic resin exterior panels, and a reduction of materials that affect the ecosystem.
- The Lab/Classroom building is fully sprinkled, Type II-FR consisting of 71,000 SF with occupancies of B, A-3 & S-1.
- The Dental Hygiene and Faculty office building is fully sprinkled, Type II-FR, consisitng of 14,200 SF
with a B occupancy.
- Major systems included in these Buildings are: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, data/telecommunications, security, audio visual, fire alarm, sprinkler system, lab equipment, casework, fumehoods, dental equipment, security and alarm systems.
Owner and Contact Information:
Executive Director Facilities
Project/ Construction Management Team:
Beezley Project Representative/Role:
David Gonzales, Project Manager
Hellmuth, Obata + Kassabaum, Inc.
Sinanian Development Inc. (SDI)
2009 – 2010