The Child Development and Family Complex project consists of:
The new Child and Family Complex at LA Valley College is a three-part, 26,000 sq. ft. “green” facility that includes the Child Development Center, Child Development Department and Family Resource Center.
- Completion and commissioning of
- Child Development Center
- Child Development Department
- Family Resource Center
- Four smart classrooms
- Faculty office spaces
- Department reception area and conference room (These areas will be in addition to the classroom space currently in use in the Math Science building.)
- New state-of-the-art Child Development Center will serve approximately 192 children. The building will be the first in the district to feature a natural looking, nature-based playground area that integrates indoor and outdoor learning in a unified environment.
- The Child Development Department consists of four college “smart” classrooms, support/administrative areas and faculty offices.
- The Family Resource Center’s focus is to train the early childhood workforce and to provide family support services for student, staff, faculty and community families with young children.
Owner and Contact Information:
Tom Hall, LACCD
Executive Director Facilities
Project/ Construction Management Team:
Beezley Project Representative/Role:
Robert Illingworth/ Mark Ratoza, Project Manager
PW Construction Inc. Universal Concrete Cutting
2009 – 2010