The Los Angeles Southwest College project consisted of:
- Student Services Activity Center
- 64,437 sq. ft. facility housing 24 student services ranging from enrollment to financial aid (awarded LEED-Silver distinction)
- Field House
- A two-story, 18,160 sq. ft., design-build athletic field house
- Designed to meet U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED standards
- Materials manufactured within 500 miles of the campus using 20 percent recycled content.
- 95,950 sq. ft. of field turf to accommodate a regulation football and soccer field, competitive eight-lane race track, long jump and sand pit
- Practice field renovation
- Specification and bid document administration
- The field house includes offices for coaches, men’s and women’s locker rooms, a weight room, meeting rooms and shower facilities.
- The 4,000-seat stadium includes a wheelchair access section and press box offering prime viewing and rooms equipped for the media, catering and opposing teams.
- The field house employs green building strategies such as low-emitting materials (paints, carpets, adhesives, etc.); indoor air quality performance and natural day-lighting; controllability of systems (lighting and thermal); storm water management; water use reduction and storage; and collection of recyclables.
- “Prestige” turf system is equipped with a cooling and drainage system installed to accommodate football and soccer field configurations.
- Competitive running track is an eight-lane, synthetic-surfaced track and field constructed with the latest Mondo Super X performance technology, consisting of firm rubber surface for speed with a compressible layer for comfort.
Owner and Contact Information:
Tom Hall, LACCD
Executive Director Facilities
Project/ Construction Management Team:
Beezley Project Representative/Role:
Eric Brooks, Relocation Project Manager
Sillman Wright Architects