The Pierce College Student Center/Bookstore project consisted of:
- Construction, completion and commissioning of approximately 50,000 sq. ft. three-story building
- Facility includes:
- Electronics engineering labs
- Advanced technology classrooms
- Expanded campus bookstore
- Student dining area
- Meeting and conference space
- Childcare center
- New central student computing lab
- Adjacent 450-space parking lot
- New access road and campus entry point
- Specification and bid document administration
- All FF&E procurement and support for operation and maintenance construction
- A three-story, 60,000 sq. ft., building located at the southern tip of the main pedestrian mall serves as the new entryway to the college.
- The Student Services building is a steel frame structure with concrete sheer walls, dual glazed windows, a stucco exterior and a clay tile roof. Ceramic tile accents were used throughout the building.
- The building’s three wings are designed to be in synergy with the activities taking place within them. Student services and conference areas occupy one wing, while academic classrooms and labs, and faculty offices dominate the other two.
- The project was built to meet LEED green building standards.
- To conserve water, climate-appropriate native and non-native species have been planted to demonstrate a commitment to sustainable landscaping.
Owner and Contact Information:
Tom Hall, LACCD
Executive Director Facilities
Project/ Construction Management Team:
Tishman/Beezley Management/LACCD Facilities Dept.
Beezley Project Representative/Role:
Representative/Role: Jonathan Levy, Program Representative