Skip to content
Portfolio: Cultural & Non-Profit
- The 1994 Northridge earthquake caused damage to three of the museum’s structures, including the historic main museum, the Braun Research library and the Casa de Adobe. While repairs to the library and Casa de Adobe were completed soon after the earthquake, damage to the main museum proved to be a challenge and required vital structural renovations.
- The project commenced in fall 2011 with designer selection, after which the three primary elements of the scope were administered with varying dates of commencement. Final completion of the overall project is slated to be in mid 2014, with commissioning and one-year post occupancy warranty extending to 2015.
- Click here to see Project Facts.
- Click here for Construction Photos
- Provided Construction Consulting services to the Wilshire Campus pre-school to assist it in planning temporary facilities in the East Parking Lot in anticipation of a major Complex renovation. Provided space layout, procurement/bidding, cost estimating and scheduling/ logistics services in connection with the Project.
- 110,000 sq. ft. multi-purpose synthetic sprint turf field
- New restroom and maintenance facility
- Four masonry concrete enclosures to store terra-cover for Los Angeles County Coliseum event event parking use
- Complete perimeter security fencing and camera system
- High-powered (110 ft.) sprinkler irrigation system for sprint turf
- Project covers approx. an acre of the CPHS site. Phase I includes an outdoor amphitheater, a rain forest, greenhouses, organic gardens, a memorial MLK “I have a Dream” dedication wall, and temporary animal pens.