The Los Angeles Valley College’s Monarch Stadium / Track & Athletic Field project consisted of:
- Monarch Stadium/Track & Athletic Field
- Running/jogging tracks
- Football/soccer field
- Public facilities
- Practice field renovation
- Specification and bid document administration
- All FF&E procurement and support for operation and maintenance construction
- The Monarch Stadium/Track & Athletic Field at LA Valley College has a new 10-lane NCAA-approved Mondo track and sprint turf football field.
- Phase I of the project, completed in 2006, included a new synthetic football surface, a 1500-seat visitors’ bleachers section and a four-lane public jogging track surrounding a natural grass football practice field and soccer pitch.
- Phase II of the project included the visitors’ restrooms, ticket booth, visitors’ concession stand and a new track equipment storage facility.
- The baseball field received a new scoreboard, offices, 5,000 sq. ft. addition to the DSPS fitness center and a storm water retention pond in the landscaping.
- All FF&E procurement and support functions
- Administered specification books and bid documents for bidding purposes
- Silver LEED-certified buildings for athletic training facility
Owner and Contact Information:
Tom Hall, LACCD
Executive Director Facilities
Project/Construction Management Team:
Beezley Project Representative/Role:
Robert Illingworth, Construction Manager
2006 – 2009